I love BBQ season! Vegetarians (and Vegans) can have some delish Summer time BBQ too. Brad and I made these teriyaki and beer marinated tofu steaks with vegetable skewers for dinner. So easy, but looks like you put in a lot of effort!
- 1 Zucchini, sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 1 Yellow squash, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 can Pineapple slices, chopped into quarters (fresh pineapple is even better!)
- 1 Green bell pepper, chopped into pieces about 1sq"
- Season to taste (Brad and I used seasoning salt, pepper and brushed on BBQ and teriyaki sauce. )
- Tbsp. Olive oil
Teriyaki Beer Marinated Tofu Steaks:
- Extra firm Organic Tofu, sliced into 8 even steaks
- Teriyaki sauce of your choosing
- BBQ sauce of your choosing (We went with Stubb's BBQ Spicy)
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beer (for this recipe, a darker beer creates more flavor)
- Grated ginger to taste
Slice tofu into 8 even pieces. Separate and lay out tofu slices over dish towel, cover with another dish towel, and weigh down with heavy object. (I used a cast-iron pan.) Allow tofu to be pressed for a min. of 30 minutes. Once tofu has set, add remaining ingredients (above) to large pan or bowl, mix well. (Extra salt and pepper can be added to marinade to taste.) Add pressed tofu slices, and refrigerate for 1 hr 30 min. Tofu should be grilled over high heat on the grill, covered, for 6-9 min. each side. After you flip the tofu, the remaining marinade can be added to the top, to make sure your tofu really absorbs all of that great marinade flavor! Make sure your grill is very well oiled or tofu will stick to the grates, and that's simply not pretty. Your tofu should come out with great grill marks.